The i3c BRIC-RCB Ph.D. programme in Biosciences
“सत्यमेव जय” (Satyameva Jayate), the timeless proclamation of “Truth alone triumphs,” serves as the guiding principle for the upcoming Ph.D. Programme in Biosciences by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. This visionary initiative signifies a collaborative endeavor, uniting a network of distinguished institutions to shape the future of biosciences in India.
This innovative program is a testament to the power of collaboration, bringing together a diverse array of institutions, each contributing unique expertise and perspectives. The collaborative effort includes:
- DBT-NCCS Pune (National Centre for Cell Science): With a focus on cell biology and molecular biology, NCCS enriches the program with advanced research and training facilities, enhancing the understanding of cellular sciences.
- National Institute of Immunology (NII): As a pioneer in immunology research, NII contributes invaluable insights into the intricate workings of the immune system, providing depth to the biosciences exploration.
- ICGEB (International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology): As a global leader in genetic engineering and biotechnology, ICGEB brings an international perspective, fostering a broader understanding of biosciences.
- DBT-RAJIV GANDHI CENTRE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY: Located in Kerala, this center focuses on cutting-edge biotechnology research, contributing regional diversity and specialized expertise.
- DBT-inStem Communications Office: The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem) adds a dimension of regenerative medicine and stem cell research, promoting innovative approaches to biosciences.
- DBT BIRAC (Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council): Bridging the gap between academia and industry, BIRAC ensures that research outcomes have practical applications, aligning with the program’s academia-industry connect objective.
- National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB): Specializing in animal biotechnology, NIAB brings expertise in genetics, reproductive biology, and disease modeling.
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI): NABI’s focus on agri-food biotechnology addresses challenges related to agriculture and food security, providing a vital perspective.
- National Institute of Plant Genome Research – NIPGR: NIPGR’s involvement enriches the program with a focus on plant genomics, offering insights into the genetic basis of plant traits and responses.
- TRANSLATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE: As a hub for translational research, this institute ensures that research findings can be applied to address real-world health challenges, adding a practical dimension to biosciences.
- National Brain Research Centre: Specializing in neuroscience, NBRC contributes expertise in understanding the intricate workings of the brain, bringing a neurobiological perspective to biosciences.
- Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD): CDFD’s involvement adds a dimension of forensic and diagnostic applications of biotechnology, expanding the program’s scope.
- Institute of Life Sciences: Focused on molecular and cellular biology, ILS contributes to the program’s overall emphasis on fundamental bioscience research.
- National Genomics Core-NIBMG: NIBMG’s expertise in genomics adds a cutting-edge dimension to the program, ensuring that scholars have access to state-of-the-art genomic research tools and methodologies.
- Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD): With a focus on bioresources and sustainable development, IBSD brings an ecological perspective to the collaborative effort.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: The program emphasizes collaboration between various DBT Institutions, fostering a dynamic exchange of ideas and expertise. This interdisciplinary approach aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of biosciences.
- Enriching Immersion Program: Designed for unparalleled academic growth, the immersion program will expose students to a diverse range of topics within biosciences. This hands-on approach ensures that scholars gain practical insights and skills vital for their research endeavors.
- Globally Competitive Training: Expert faculty members will deliver world-class training, ensuring that students receive a competitive edge on the global stage. The program is committed to nurturing a cadre of researchers capable of making significant contributions to the field of biosciences.
- Academia-Industry Connect: Recognizing the importance of real-world applications, the program facilitates strong ties between academia and industry. This connection ensures that research outcomes have practical implications and can be applied to address real-world challenges.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Participants will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and academic resources, creating an environment conducive to cutting-edge research and innovation.
- Access to Prestigious Journals and Conferences: Scholars will benefit from resources such as access to prestigious journals and conferences, providing them with a platform to share their research findings and stay abreast of the latest developments in biosciences.
This amalgamation of diverse institutions signifies a united front in advancing biosciences in India. The collective knowledge, resources, and perspectives ensure a comprehensive and multifaceted approach to the Ph.D. Programme, setting the stage for groundbreaking research and innovation in the field. As the program encourages individuals to “Ideate, Immerse, Innovate, and Collaborate,” the anticipation builds for a transformative era of scientific exploration and discovery in the realm of biosciences in India. With a resounding call to “Stay tuned,” the stage is set for a journey where truth in biosciences triumphs through collaborative excellence.
Editor’s Note: The i3c BRIC-RCB Ph.D. programme in Biosciences. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram. The i3c BRIC-RCB Ph.D. programme in Biosciences.